Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Strange Bedfellows

I had to shut down the comment section of this blog because a handful of abusive posters took serious issue with my support for LNG as a solution to California's energy needs. After yesterday, I might have to re-open comments... my email inbox is absolutely BLOWING UP over the post about CARB's Low Carbon Fuel Standard (you guys know who you are)!

The best item to come over the transom yesterday was a link to this post on Town Hall, the conservative political forum.

The "Drill Baby Drill" crowd (of which I may or may not count myself a member...) has apparently called a truce with CARB and with Arnold because they actually like the fact that CARB is stacking the deck against biofuels in evaluating the LCFS.

In the real world, this would amount to sheer hypocrisy, but in the world of California public policy and politics, it's just another day at the office!